Monday, September 15, 2014

Personality Change

I've always wanted to be one of those "cool" people that go with the flow and just live life in the moment.  Never make plans or get caught up in schedules.  Instead, just let each day unfold and see what blessings it brings.  Unfortunately, I was born a total control freak, who can rarely relax long enough to truly let loose and just let life happen.  I read several blogs and I crave what seems like the perfect life (I know they don't truly have the perfect life). It just seems like so many of the blogs I love are written by moms who are able to just "let life happen".
They aren't too worried about their kids being soaked from jumping in rain puddles, they do cool crafts like painting INDOORS and take awesome photos of their children with finger paint all over their bodies and in their hair.
So I'm making more of an effort to just relax, let life happen and let my toddler enjoy playing in the dirt.  Heck, if I totally lose my mind, maybe I'll join in too?!
I've started by letting Patrick make a mess at meal time.  And trust me, he's really embracing it :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment